Pre-Operative Instructions: Before Intravenous AnesthesiaBACK
- Do not have anything to eat or drink (including water) at least 6 hours prior to your scheduled surgery time.
- You may take your routine medications and/or premedication (with just a small sip of water) that are approved by the doctor.
- Clean your teeth and mouth before surgery.
- Please wear loose, comfortable clothing on the day of surgery.
- Do have a responsible adult accompany you to drive you home. They should not leave the office during surgery. It is not acceptable for someone to drop you off and pick you up.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, or another responsible adult.
- Plan ahead. Be prepared by having liquids and/or soft foods to eat at home during recovery.
- Should it become necessary to cancel/change your surgery date, notify our office at least 24 hours in advance. Otherwise, a cancellation fee of $50.00 will be assessed and added to your account balance.